Experts always go on and on when it comes to the benefits of sleep. Good quality sleep, one that is restorative and one where we wake up feeling refreshed, is vital to our everyday functions. We can function and perform at work or at school better when we have good sleep the night before. Certain illnesses can be prevented. We can also enjoy a good mood.
But despite the indispensable role of sleep in our lives, many of us don’t go out of our way to elevate our sleep. That has to change right now. If you are going to invest in one thing, you should invest in your sleep. That is crucial to your health and success.
Getting a bamboo pillow, for instance, is one of the best things you can do for improved sleep. In this article, you will learn more about the benefits of a bamboo pillow and how you can find the best ones out there. You should also check out which of the bamboo pillows out there we highly recommend.
Benefits of a Bamboo Pillow
Bamboo pillows are given such a name due to the bamboo fibers that are utilized to make the casing of the pillow. Inside it, there is another material that promotes good quality sleep, usually some form of shredded memory foam. The combination of both can offer the following benefits:
It Can Help Promote Better Back and Neck Alignment
These pillows help prevent you from waking up in the morning with a stiff neck and aching shoulders. Memory foam is a great material that works in conforming to the shape of your body. In doing so, it provides you with the comfort and the support that your body needs.
Bamboo Has a Cooling Effect
Have you ever woken up from sleep because your head and neck are drenched in sweat? That can happen in the summer season when temperatures can rise abnormally. If you have a room that can get hot in the summer, this pillow is a good choice for you.
It Has Antimicrobial and Hypoallergenic Properties
It is better for the health, particularly the skin because of the antimicrobial properties of bamboo. It prevents all sorts of viruses and bacteria from sticking to your pillow and staying there. Since your head will be in close proximity to the viruses and bacteria, chances of you acquiring illnesses through direct contact with the mouth and nose can be reduced with the use of a bamboo pillow.
This kind of material also has hypoallergenic properties. If you have sensitive skin and are prone to the appearance of skin issues like itchiness and rashes, you definitely should consider getting a bamboo pillow.
What to Look For in a Bamboo Pillow?
Now that you have decided to get yourself a bamboo pillow, which of the ones sold today should you get? We recommend using the following criteria, so you will be able to find a good option:
Size. Oftentimes, bamboo pillows still come in industry-standard sizes, but manufacturers offer specialized sizes to conform to the needs of people. If you have special sleep needs, check the size of what you are buying. How thick or high is it? Some bamboo pillows compress easily due to the filling they have inside but make sure you check the specifications, so you know whether you are buying a good one or not.
Filling. Another thing to consider is the filling. Most pillows out there have a shredded memory foam filling that has a warming effect but also offers malleability. However, you might find others with a blend of another material. This can affect how the memory foam will truly function. When buying, find out if the filling is made from 100% memory foam filling or if there are other materials out there incorporated.
It’s a good idea to look for a pillow that has a removable filling. That way, you can customize how malleable your filling is. If you feel like the pillow is too thick, simply remove some of the filling to get a plusher effect.
Washable Cover. Find out if the cover can be removed with ease. Memory foam filling often does not wash well as they tend to break down when exposed to moisture. However, you can still keep your pillow clean by removing the cover and cleaning that part. Find out if the cover can be thrown in the washer or if you need to manually wash it.
Resistant to Deterioration. Some bamboo pillows are not just resistant to bacteria and other impurities and microorganisms, there are also those that are resistant to stains and fading. These can be ideal features because that means you don’t have to worry about your pillow looking unsightly after many uses. Your pillows can remain fresh and new-looking even after some time.
Design. Bamboo pillows almost always have these bamboo etchings on their surface. You would want to check the design to see if it works for your needs. Of course, you can always use a store-bought pillow but if you want to use it as it is in order to achieve the full benefits of the bamboo, pick a design that will work in your sleeping spaces.
Price. How much are you willing to spend on these pillows? It is important that you look for a pillow that won’t break the bank. You can also find those that include 2 pillows in the price, so if you need more for a bed partner, these are some of your bed choices.
Warranty/Guarantee. You need to know you are getting your money’s worth. If the pillow doesn’t end up the way you expected it, you can send it back through its money back guarantee.
Keep these factors in mind and you should be able to find a good bamboo pillow that is suitable for your needs.
Best Bamboo Pillow
There is an overwhelming number of bamboo pillows out there, but these ones stood out:
- Original Bamboo Cooling Bamboo Pillow
- Snuggle-Pedic Ultra-Luxury Bamboo Shredded Memory Foam Pillow
- Abco Tech Bamboo Pillow
- Zen Bamboo Ultra Plush Gel Pillow
Check out the following features of these pillows:
1. Original Bamboo Cooling Bamboo Pillow
Not all of us has the same preferences when it comes to sleep. Some like to sleep on their back, others on their stomach or their side. The best bamboo pillow can cater to all these preferences and that is something that can be provided by the Original Bamboo pillow. They have backed this up with countless studies and trials to ensure that the pillow has just the right amount of comfort and support ideal for different types of users.
The loft of the pillow is adjustable as you can easily remove the foams inside to suit your preferences. The filling is made from a different blend of different densities of foam to provide a good combination of comfort and support.
- This pillow boasts of the Panda Pedic Memory Foam function. It is a premium memory foam that adapts to the shape of your body to provide superior comfort and support.
- It is highly resistant to the formation of bacteria, molds and dust mites. You can be assured that this pillow will last for a long time.
- It has good breathable functions. It won’t accumulate heat in the summer season but won’t be too cold in the winter as well.
- The cover is removable so you can wash it with ease. You can use your washing machine to clean it.
- Many of those users who have issues with neck pain experienced relief after using this pillow.
- The filling is easy to puff up if they ever get too flat, according to users.
- Good quality sold at a good price.
- Some said the smell took time to dissipate.
2. Snuggle-Pedic Ultra-Luxury Bamboo Shredded Memory Foam Pillow
Enjoy better sleep longer with the help of this bamboo pillow filled with the most luxurious memory foam filling. The manufacturer takes pride in the fact that this pillow will never go flat. It is highly breathable, ensuring it will not become too hot in the summer as the pillow cover boasts of 43% viscose of bamboo.
The outer cover has a zipper for easier removal and cleaning. Inside it is a filling made from high-quality memory foam. You can adjust it to your loft and comfort preferences by removing some of the filling.
- Easy to adjust. You can just unzip it to remove some of the filling if you wish.
- It helps alleviate upper back and neck pain. This pillow is also ideal for people who sleep on their side and stomach.
- This has a good cooling effect. The blend of different materials just makes this more superior when it comes to its breathability. It stays puffed out for a long time as well.
- The foam used is eco-friendly.
- It is hypoallergenic and resistant to dust mites.
- Comes with a 20-year warranty and a 120-night sleep trial. You can even have your pillow customized if you are not satisfied with its comfort.
- Some said this pillow is a bit too firm and hard for their liking.
3. Abco Tech Bamboo Pillow
This bamboo pillow boasts of a cover made completely from bamboo-derived rayon. With its bamboo properties, you can expect this to have the best antibacterial properties. It retains its fresh smell because it prevents molds from growing.
With the shredded memory foam inside, you will be able to sleep better as it “snuggles” your head and provides the support needed. If you have back and neck problems, this might just provide you with the comfort you are looking for.
- The bamboo fabric features Smart Temperature Control, which basically means it will stay cool in the summer season.
- It provides optimum neck support. The inside has shredded memory foam and a memory foam layer that helps alleviate any neck and upper back discomforts you might have.
- Already comes in a set of two.
- It is backed by a 100% risk-free guarantee and a satisfaction guarantee.
- It doesn’t go flat easily according to many users.
- It can be hard to remove the initial smell.
4. Zen Bamboo Ultra Plush Gel Pillow
What sets this bamboo pillow apart is its plus material that is made from gel fiber. These gel fibers are plush and can ensure optimal comfort no matter what your sleep preferences are. It features a Jacquard bamboo cover as well that has superior breathable properties and can provide heat-free sleep at night. The cover does not shift, so you don’t feel like your face is sleeping while on it. It is also resistant to molds, dust mites and mildew. You can also use your pillow longer because of its fade and stain-resistant properties.
- The inside is made from gel fibers, not memory foam, which is good if you like something plusher. It is softer than others out there.
- This stays comfortable and breathable.
- It has a no-shift construction, thanks to its Jacquard bamboo cover.
- Resistant to stains, fading, dust mites, mildew and molds.
- Doesn’t emit an unwanted smell like many memory foam bamboo pillows out there.
- Some said it lacks fill.
Which One Should You Get?
Inexpensive but Good Quality: Original Bamboo Cooling Bamboo Pillow. This is an ideal pillow if you don’t want something too expensive. The price is just right but you are getting all the features you need. This pillow is completely adjustable, so you can have a hand in making it as comfortable to you as possible.
Backed by Great Customer Service: Snuggle-Pedic Ultra-Luxury Bamboo Shredded Memory Foam Pillow. There are a lot of good pillows out there but not all of them are backed by good customer service like this one does. If you find it too firm, they can help you out to make it work the way you like it.
On the Firm Side: Abco Tech Bamboo Pillow. If you prefer your bamboo pillow a bit on the firm side, get this one. It should provide a lot of support and comfort to the neck and back, great for those who always wake up with pain.
Softer Pillow: Zen Bamboo Ultra Plush Gel Pillow. Don’t like the memory foam bamboo pillows out there because they are too firm? Get this one instead. It has a plush gel layer inside, so it provides a softer comfort level.
You might want to complete your sleep arsenal by checking out our homepage and reading our product reviews on the various sleep gears and essentials out there.
- How Much Does A Car Battery Cost? Our Complete Guide - June 14, 2018
- Best CPAP Mask Reviews - June 14, 2018
- Carpet Cost FAQ: Installation Prices & Everything Else You Need To Know - June 14, 2018