If you sweat during the night and struggle to sleep because of overheating in bed, a cooling mattress topper could be the ideal solution for you. Much more affordable than turning up the fan or cranking up your air conditioning, a cooling mattress topper saves energy and money while making your bed even more comfortable so you can enjoy a better night’s sleep.
A cooling pad is a really quick and easy way to add comfort to your bed while also making sure that excessive heat is no longer a problem. Considering that we spend around a third of our lives in bed, it’s important to choose products which make sleep more enjoyable and rest much easier to achieve. After all, it has been proven that poor quality of sleep can lead to a host of medical problems which can have a serious impact on our quality of life.
Why Use A Cooling Mattress Topper?
There are many reasons why a cooling mattress topper could be the perfect choice for you. Some people naturally feel hotter during the night and therefore could benefit from a cooling pad in their bed. Those who have a memory foam mattress often find that their bed becomes unpleasantly hot due to its heat-trapping properties. You can easily eliminate this problem by investing in a cooling mattress topper. Some women also find that their hormonal fluctuations make them hotter at night, therefore this could be the ideal solution for them too.
How To Choose A Cooling Mattress Topper
There are a few factors to bear in mind when choosing a cooling mattress topper:
- Budget – there are toppers to suit all budgets, so whether you need a low cost pad to cover your mattress or whether you want to splash out on one of the top cutting edge toppers on the market, you’re sure to find something to suit your needs. You can buy low cost cooling toppers from as little as $50, although the top pads can cost at least $200. You will need to select the one with the best features to fit into your budget.
- Pain – if you experience pain when you lie down in bed, there are some mattress toppers which better suit your needs than others. Some have been designed to be orthopaedic and to alleviate discomfort more effectively.
- Sharing a bed – if you sleep with a partner you may want to choose a pad which eliminates or decreases motion and noise so you can both get a better rest.
- Material – there are many different materials of cooling mattress topper. Some are made from cooling gels, while others are made from breathable fabrics such as bamboo. Doing your research is important to ensure you choose the right one for you.
- Removable covers – choose a mattress topper which has a removable cover and you will prolong its lifespan exponentially. If the cover can be removed you can easily machine wash it to keep your bed fresh and hygienic.
- Support – when choosing a cooling topper you need to ensure that your body is well supported without excess rigidity, that it feels plush without being so soft that it doesn’t support your pressure points.
- Weight – if you may be moving your mattress pad frequently from room to room or between different homes, you might want to consider if it is easy to move. If you need to store it between uses, does it allow for convenient packaging or is it very heavy and difficult to deal with?
Best Cooling Mattress Topper Reviews
Here are some of the best cooling mattress toppers available:
ExceptionalSheets Bamboo Cooling Bed PadClick for Price
Bamboo is well known for being breathable, and this makes it a perfect material to use for a cooling mattress pad. This topper has proven popular with top hotel chain brands because of its silky and luxurious top and its practical design. Filled with RevoLoft Cluster Fiber Filling, this cleverly designed product creates balls of fiber to trap the air so the shape of the paid can be retained and so that air can flow easily. This pad has been shown to cool down beds that have even the most heat-holding memory foam mattresses.
Iso-Cool Memory FoamClick for Price
Although memory foam usually retains heat, the Iso-Cool Memory Foam topper has 3 inches of USA crafted cool visco-elastic foam as well as a 100% cotton cover that uses cutting edge Outlast Adaptive Technology so your body temperature can be moderated through the night as it goes up and down. This topper can draw away heat from the body, absorbing it so you can enjoy a better night’s sleep. The hypoallergenic cover is also machine washable for greater convenience. Its deep cushioning makes sleep more restful and any bed more cosy.
This 2.5” thick mattress topper has been infused with cooling gel to ensure that you get a great’s night sleep. Incorporating cutting edge open cell technology, this topper has integrated gel beads in its 3lb memory foam to effectively support the alignment of the spine and relieve the body’s pressure points while allowing the mattress to breathe effectively. This mattress expands to the right size very quickly and offers exceptional comfort.
When you need the best cooling mattress topper to make the night more comfortable, we’d suggest you try the Iso-Cool Memory Foam – our top pick thanks to its outstanding comfort and hypoallergenic cover.
There are a number of excellent cooling mattress toppers available on the market today, and since they come in at a range of price points no matter your budget you’re sure to find something suited to your preferences. Whether you prefer the natural fiber of a bamboo pad or whether you’re interested in the cutting edge technology behind a gel infused topper, there’s bound to be one to suit your needs. Although some mattress topper pads can be quite costly, it’s important to remember that your comfort is paramount, and getting a good night’s sleep can make all the difference to your ongoing health and well-being. Always choose the best mattress topper that you can afford to ensure its longevity and quality.
Looking for the best mattress? Find our current reviews and recommendations for the best king-size sleep surfaces here!
- How Much Does A Car Battery Cost? Our Complete Guide - June 14, 2018
- Best CPAP Mask Reviews - June 14, 2018
- Carpet Cost FAQ: Installation Prices & Everything Else You Need To Know - June 14, 2018