If you have tried going out with wet hair, you probably already know what a disaster it can become. When exposed to the heat of the sun, your hair can turn frizzy and dry in no time. In the winter, going out with wet hair is a no-no.
Invest in a good hair dryer that should be capable of drying your hair no time while maintaining its softness and shine. There are plenty of hair dryers out there but one of the types you might want to invest on is a hooded hair dryer. Also known as a bonnet hair dryer, this type of hair dryer offers a plethora of benefits.
It is time to find out what you are missing out if you don’t have a hooded hair dryer yet and which ones out there are worth the investment once you have decided to get one for yourself. Make sure you keep on reading to find out which hooded hair dryer is the perfect choice for your needs.
Benefits of Using a Hooded Hair Dryer
Here are the things you can get if you use a hooded hair dryer:
1. It provides deep conditioning effect.
No need to go to a salon for a hair treatment. You can simply apply a product that works with your hair and let it sit under the hooded hair dryer. The dryer works in naturally delving the product deeper into the hair for more effective deep conditioning results.
2. Drying time is cut short.
With a traditional hair dryer, drying time can take a long time. This is true especially if you have curly hair. A hooded hair dryer comes with a high wattage, but it is also available in adjustable heat settings. You can choose the one that will provide you with efficient and effective drying time.
3. You can dry your hair while doing something else.
The problem with traditional hair dryers is that you need both your hands to make sure your hair gets dry. But with a hooded hair dryer, you just sit underneath it and do something else while letting it do its work in drying your hair. You can catch up with some work, respond to email, paint or trim your nails, apply your makeup or plan your weekly meals. There are so many things you can do while letting the hooded hair dryer do its work.
4. You can get more volume with these hair dryers.
Flat and limp hair is far from flattering. Add more volume, so your hair looks healthier and thicker. You can do that with the help of a hooded hair dryer.
5. You can achieve salon-quality finish.
Have you ever gotten a blow-dry at a salon and wondered why you can’t recreate that at home? It’s in the tools they are using. They are using expensive but high-quality drying tools. But you can actually recreate that look in your own home with the help of hooded hair dryers.
How to Find a Good Hooded Hair Dryer
Finding a good hooded hair dryer doesn’t have to require herculean effort. Here are the things you should remember when it comes to finding a good hair dryer:
1. Look for one that makes use of ionic technology.
Most heating tools these days have ionic technology. The reason behind this is because positive ions can cause your hair to become frizzy and dry. Through ionic technology, the positive ions can be eradicated, thereby allowing more moisture to be locked in your air. With this in tow, you can achieve shinier, softer and smoother hair.
2. Choose a hooded hair dryer that comes with variable heat settings.
You should be able to control how high or low the heat will go. Not everyone wants to subject their hair to high heat. If you have delicate hair due to over bleaching, you would want to use a low heat setting to avoid inflicting more damage. If you want to dry it fast, a higher heat setting might work better. A hooded hair dryer that has adjustable and variable heat settings is better to provide your heating preferences.
3. Make sure it has reliable timer functions.
It is easy to go over the recommended heating time, especially when sitting there, reading a book or doing other things. This is why a timer function comes handy. Set the timer first and an alarm should go off to remind you that the drying time is over.
4. If you have curly hair, go for those with a cool shot setting.
What this does is set the curls of your hair, so that it is unlikely to come loose during the day. This maintains your curls.
5. Also find out if it has variable speed setting.
Aside from variable heat setting, variable speed setting also comes handy. This feature allows you to find the fastest setting that will effectively dry your hair. If you are in a hurry, you can choose from a faster speed setting to get your desired results.
6. Consider size and height adjustment.
The size of the hood is also an important factor to consider. You would want to make sure your head can fit easily in there. Also look for those that come with height adjustment lever. This will allow you to adjust the height of the dryer to correspond to your personal preferences.
It is important to keep these things in mind when looking for the best hooded hair dryers.
Best Hooded Hair Dryers for Home (2019)
Get the best hair drying performance in the comforts of your own home with the help of the following hooded hair dryers:
- Babyliss Pro Ionic Hard-Hat Dryer
- Laila Ali LADR5604 Ionic Soft Bonnet Dryer
- Gold ‘N Hot Elite 1875-Watt Professional Stand Bonnet Dryer
- Hot Tools Tourmaline Tools 1059
Check out what these products can offer you:
1. Babyliss Pro Ionic Hard-Hat Dryer
Babyliss is a household name when it comes to hair tools. This one boasts of a 2000-watt, brushless AC motor that delivers a lot of heating capacity. Although it has a lot of power, it works quietly. This technology also prolongs the life of the hair dryer. Delivering Ionic Technology, you can rely on this to achieve smooth, shiny and soft results. Say goodbye to dryness and frizziness.
You can dry your hair while fiddling with your phone or listening to music as this comes with an auxiliary input to connect your smartphone too. It also boasts of 3 temperature and 2 speed settings. You can assemble it with ease.
- This hooded hair dryer has a durable base with wheels you can easily snap-in. It is mobile and easy to move around in your room. The wheels have a locking mechanism, to prevent it from rolling around.
- It is powerful. It really has a reliable drying capability. The ionic technology produces salon-like results.
- The bonnet comes with a lift-up visor. It is completely adjustable, allowing this to work for different people.
- There is an airflow diffuser built in it.
- The height is completely adjustable.
- You can easily clean this machine. It also isn’t susceptible to rusting or corrosion.
- You can adjust the temperature and speed settings.
- Works quietly.
- Can dry up even the bottom of the hair because the bonnet is deep enough.
- This one doesn’t come with a timer.
2. Laila Ali LADR5604 Ionic Soft Bonnet Dryer
Portability isn’t exactly the strongest suit of hooded hair dryers. But if you are looking for something that won’t take up a lot of space in your home and one you can bring with you anywhere, get this one. This is a good choice when drying your hair with roller sets or allowing conditioners to work deeply in the hair. It also features an ionic technology that delivers softer and shinier results.
This unit has a bonnet that can be stored in the bag that comes with it. It comes with 3 different heat and speed settings. Once finished, cap it off with the cool setting to set the curls.
- Very portable. You can bring with you even when traveling.
- It works even with jumbo rollers.
- It is one of the most affordable ones out there.
- It features conditioning IONS, which helps in locking moisture in the hair strands to create shinier and healthier results.
- It dries up hair fast. What might have taken you hours will only take minutes with this hair dryer.
- It is very easy to use according to many customers.
- It comes with an easy-to-carry storage case.
- The hose needs to be treated carefully. When packing it down, make sure you do not forcefully put it in the storage case as that can inflict damages.
3. Gold ‘N Hot Elite 1875-Watt Professional Stand Bonnet Dryer
Get this hair dryer if you want to achieve professional hair drying results even without going out of your home. With its 1875 watts of power, it can deliver good heating results. It comes with an ionic generator that you can easily turn on or off with a switch. Get the right heat setting with this unit that comes with 4 different styling options. What is great about this is that it has been infused by Tourmaline, great for achieving softer and smoother locks.
- It delivers a good amount of heat. It can dry up your hair in no time.
- Classy design. You should have no trouble showcasing it in your home.
- Many customers liked how easy this is to assemble.
- Adjusting the heat is not an issue.
- The cord for the bonnet is long.
- Some said the dryer should be secured to the pole with a locking mechanism for added safety.
4. Hot Tools Tourmaline Tools 1059
This hooded hair dryer has a lot of unique features such as its pre-moisture system with tourmaline effects that means it can keep your hair hydrated while drying it. Since it locks moisture, you will experience less damage and get better and softer results with this one. That is combined with the ionic nanotechnology also integrated in this one.
You can dry up your 50% faster compared to standard hair dryers without inflicting damage. This product also comes with 2 speed settings and 4 heat options.
- This is a hooded hair dryer that makes use of a pre-moisture system coupled with ionic nanotechnology and tourmaline effect. It results in soft and shiny hair all the time.
- Comes with variable speed and heat settings.
- The front visor is adjustable. The bonnet is also big and deep and comes with adjustable functions, so it can accommodate even jumbo rollers.
- You can easily move it around, thanks to its wheels that can be seamlessly locked.
- Drying time is cut down into half.
- The design looks great.
- Some said they wished the pedestal is a bit sturdier.
Best Choice For You
Comes with an Auxiliary Input: Babyliss Pro Ionic Hard-Hat Dryer. If you want to connect your smartphone or computer, you can do so with the help of this hair dryer. You can let your hair dry with this while doing something else on your computer or phone.
Portable and Great for Travels: Laila Ali LADR5604 Ionic Soft Bonnet Dryer. If you are on the lookout for a portable hooded hair dryer that you can easily bring with you when traveling or just use in your small house, this is a good choice. It might look flimsy compared to the others out there, but it actually has quite impressive results. It is big enough to cover jumbo hair rollers.
Dries Up Hair Fast: Gold ‘N Hot Elite 1875-Watt Professional Stand Bonnet Dryer. Most positive reviews about this hair dryer is about its fast drying time. If you are always on the go or in a hurry, you will need this hair dryer to dry up your hair fast.
Locks Moisture in Hair: Hot Tools Tourmaline Tools 1059. If you want something that will work gently on your hair and can deliver more moisture, get this one. It also has a tourmaline feature that ensures you get soft, shiny and smooth locks all the time.
Looking good really takes some effort. But with the right tools, you should be able to maintain a beautiful appearance without spending so much time and money. Head to our homepage to find out which products will help you look your best all the time.
Latest posts by Abby Larson (see all)
- How Much Does A Car Battery Cost? Our Complete Guide - June 14, 2018
- Best CPAP Mask Reviews (2019) - June 14, 2018
- Carpet Cost FAQ: Installation Prices & Everything Else You Need To Know - June 14, 2018