If a small bedroom is your problem, it is a good idea to look for unique space-saving solutions. From multi-functional furnitures such as seating area and a storage space in one to a loft bed, there are different solutions that can help you maximize what little space you have.
If you are searching for the perfect loft bed to install in your bedroom, you came to the right place. We looked for the best-rated ones out there and has the amazing features and design that you will find convenient to use in the bedroom.
Benefits of Loft Beds
There are benefits to using loft beds that you can’t get from standard beds. Here are some of the benefits you can get:
1. A loft bed makes use of vertical space.
If you have a small space and you can’t cram so many things in one space, you can install a loft bed instead. This will allow you to maximize the vertical space in your bedroom. You can use the top bunk bed and then transform the bottom space into anything you want. It can be a study area or a play area for the kids. It can also be turned into a lounge area. The sky is practically the limit when it comes to the use of a loft bed.
2. You get extra storage space.
So many loft beds today are designed in such a way that they provide additional space. There are built-in storage shelves, racks and drawers that you can use to hide many of your things. With this additional feature, it is easier to stay organized in your bedroom. Your bedroom won’t have to look cluttered because there is a designated space for them already.
3. It can offer a versatile space you can work with.
There is so much flexibility when it comes to loft beds. You can transform the bottom part to any kind of space you prefer. It is also ideal for kids’ room, adults’ room and even a guest bedroom. If you are transforming a rental property, it can be an ideal choice as well.
4. It makes a statement in the bedroom.
A loft bed definitely makes a design statement in a bedroom. You have an array of choices out there. Choose from gorgeous hardwood loft beds to those with metal frames.
5. It is an ideal choice for families with tight spaces.
If you have a small space in your home, this will be an all-around solution for your space constraints.
Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Loft Beds
Unsure what to buy because of the various choices you have out there? Here are some factors you need to consider in order to make a good buying decision:
Material. Decide what material you are going for. A wood loft bed will always be a classic choice but make sure it is made from durable hardwood that can withstand wear and tear and can hold additional weight. It should also not succumb to rotting easily. If it has been painted, it should not emit a strong odor that will take a long time to dissipate.
Metal is also a good choice but check how high the gauge is. A low-gauge metal material might not be that durable. One push against the side railings might break it completely. Go for the ones made from the most durable materials.
Size. How big a loft bed can you fit in your room? You still need to consider scale because it is too big and bulky, it can swallow the small room whole. Make sure there is still a lot of room to move around. It should not block windows or natural lighting.
Check the height as well. You would want the bottom area to offer a good head clearance, so you can move around with ease. The upper bunk bed shouldn’t sit too closely to the ceiling.
Installation and Assembly. Find out if the loft bed is easy to assemble. It should come with an easy-to-follow and easy-to-read instructional manual.
Design. Choose a design that will suit in the space you have intended for it. If you are going for an all-wood theme with your furniture, a wooden loft bed will be a better fit. If you are going for a minimalist design, something made from stainless steel might be a better fit.
Price. The price of the loft bed depends on how big it is and how expensive the materials are. The more expensive the material such as if it is made from hardwood, the pricier the loft bed is. You would want to compare prices and find the one that will fit in your budget range.
Also make sure you check the craftsmanship. There should be no loose parts that can be dangerous. Check the stairs mechanism as well and so it that will make getting up on the bunk bed easier.
Best Loft Beds Reviews
Here are the best loft beds you should look for:
- Dorel Living Denver Loft Bed
- Walker Edison Furniture Company Metal Loft Bed
- DHP Studio Loft Bunk Bed Over Desk and Bookcase
- DHP X-Loft Metal Bunk Bed Frame with Desk
Check all the best features of these loft beds:
1. Dorel Living Denver Loft Bed
Click for Price
Make a statement in your bedroom with this loft bed that is ideal for any child, teen or guest’s bedroom. It has a classic design that works seamlessly with any existing design you already have in your bedroom. You can choose from a soft white finish for that more delicate look or an espresso finish if you want a bolder look. This loft bed has been constructed using wood materials. It has solid footboard and headboard for safety. You can also benefit from its reversible ladder. The bottom space is big enough to be turned into a study area or a play area, whatever works for your needs.
- The space-saving design of this loft bed is truly unparalleled. It is big enough to fit in medium to large rooms. The upper bunk bed is comfortable and has safety railings to avoid falling over.
- The 5-step ladder is well-made. You can also reverse it, whatever suits your needs well.
- Although it is big and has a good space under the bunk bed, it actually has a small footprint.
- The wood material used to construct is fairly durable. It holds weight easily.
- Some said the ladder could use some reinforcement if a heavier person is going to use it.
2. Walker Edison Furniture Company Metal Loft Bed
Click for Price
Create a neat and organized room with the help of this metal loft bed. The space below the bunk bed is ideal as a play or a work area. You can also put additional shelving units to hide more of your items. The ladder is built-in for more sturdiness. The upper bunk bed is supported by slats, so you can add a mattress without the need to get a box spring.
- This loft bed is less expensive than many of the loft beds out there. If you are on a budget and the other loft beds are too expensive for you, choose this one instead.
- This loft bed has conformed to set safety standards, so it is completely safe to use. It is also free from lead. The finish is safe and won’t cause health hazards.
- It is ready to assemble already. If you find it difficult to assemble it, you can contact the customer support of the manufacturer. They have a toll-free number you can contact.
- It seems to be a well-built loft bed. There were customers who have had it for years and did not have issues with it. In fact, they said it still looks new even though it has been subjected to a lot of abuse.
- There is just a slight creaking noise when you move but shouldn’t be too much of a problem.
DHP Studio Loft Bunk Bed Over Desk and Bookcase
Click for Price
If you fancy having a loft bed with built-in shelves and storage space already, get his one. Under the bunk bed, you have plenty of open shelving to store your books. You can even turn it into a table for your computer. The black and silver metal finish of this loft bed makes this look minimalistic and attractive. It will work in more modern spaces. It is safe for children and teens to use, thanks to the metal slats and the safety rails included.
- This is one attractive loft bed. It instantly commands attention with its striking design.
- There is a lot of storage space for this. You can store so much more on its open shelving. It is easier to stay organized with the help of this multi-functional loft bed.
- You will like the finish of this loft bed. It is easy to match with other furniture in the room.
- The upper bunk bed accommodates a twin-size mattress and has a weight limit of 200 lbs.
- You can assemble this loft bed easily as it doesn’t require additional things such as a foundation.
- The stairs can be painful to some kids. Some parents installed a foam padding.
4. DHP X-Loft Metal Bunk Bed Frame with Desk
This industrial-looking bunk bed is a more ideal choice for older kids. It has cross bars on the edges that easily make a statement. There is already a desk integrated into this bed for versatility. The set includes a 6-inch mattress that has been crafted from foam materials devoid of ozone depleters, mercury and other heavy metals that can be harmful to the health.
- This is a good choice for older kids or teenagers. The upper bunk bed accommodates a full futon mattress.
- It already includes a mattress. This mattress is completely safe to use as it is devoid of harmful contaminants that can be inhaled. It also feels luxurious, thanks to its lush exterior and the tufted microfiber cover that enhances sleep.
- The desk as the bottom is spacious enough to hold a computer and many of your other study or work things.
- The silver metal finish works in more modern or industrial spaces. You can create a minimalistic look with the help of this loft bed.
- It actually doesn’t look too bulky and industrial. In fact, even when installed in girls’ bedrooms, it can still look great.
- This is quite heavy. Assembly might be difficult because of the heavier parts. There are also many parts to assemble, so you might need to get the help of another person to assemble it.
Which One Should You Choose?
Classic Choice: Dorel Living Denver Loft Bed. The design of this loft bed makes this a great choice if you are looking for a classic option that will not look old and dated easily. You can choose between two color options. With its sturdy wood material, you can rely on this for a long time.
Great for a Girl’s Bedroom: Walker Edison Furniture Company Metal Loft Bed. This loft bed is a fitting choice for a girl’s bedroom because of its design. It has plenty of space under the bunk bed to turn it into any kind of space you prefer. It is also sturdy and can last for a long time.
More Storage Space: DHP Studio Loft Bunk Bed Over Desk and Bookcase. Get this loft bed if you are looking for additional storage space. With more shelving units, you can easily store more things on it. It also has a unisex appeal, so you can install it in either a girl or a boy’s room.
Great for Older Kids’ Room: DHP X-Loft Metal Bunk Bed Frame with Desk. This is a more fitting choice for older kids. The design is very versatile as well.
Whether you are looking for a loft bed or a bunk bed, we have all the information you need to make the right buying decision. Visit our homepage to get more details on the best sleep materials to buy.
- How Much Does A Car Battery Cost? Our Complete Guide - June 14, 2018
- Best CPAP Mask Reviews - June 14, 2018
- Carpet Cost FAQ: Installation Prices & Everything Else You Need To Know - June 14, 2018