The thing about choosing the best mattress, whether for you alone or for your bed partner is that you need to consider your personal preferences and needs. What other people might find the best mattress for them might not turn out to be the case for you.
It is critical to go out there and peruse your various options and see the ones that provide the technology that creates the perfect comfort and support level for your needs. Today, you will learn which of the mattresses out there are recommended for couples. We chose the ones with the best technologies that provide support and motion-isolating benefits for the improved sleep of couples.
Types of Mattresses Ideal for Couples
Out of the various types of mattresses out there, here are the ones we highly recommend for couples:
1. Memory foam mattresses
These mattresses are called that because of the ability of the foam to “memorize” the contours of the body. As the mattress acclimates to the warmth of the body, it follows the body’s unique contours. This makes it easier for different people to find a memory foam mattress comfortable. You don’t adjust to it. It adjusts to you. It is ideal for couples who might have varying comfort preferences.
The downside to this is that memory foam mattresses can hold on to heat. That means the mattress can get too hot in the summer season. On the other hand, you can search for those mattresses with a memory foam layer but is also mixed with other types of foams.
2. Latex foam mattresses
The latex foam mattress typically has a semi-firm comfort level. It provides a good amount of support to alleviate back pain but has a certain “give” and bounce to it that makes this a more ideal choice for everyone. Think of the latex foam as the more universal type of mattress. When in doubt, go for this mattress.
3. Coil spring mattresses
This might be the last type of mattress you will think of when it comes to finding one for you and your bed partner but there are many sophisticated coil spring mattresses today. The advanced ones have individual coils wrapped in their own casing. That allows the mattress to isolate motion.
You can get out of bed without disturbing your bed partner. There are also manufacturers of coil spring mattress that divides the comfort level of both sides of the bed. One side of the bed can be firmer while the other side of the bed can be softer depending on the number of coils integrated. You have the ability to customize your mattress so you and your bed partner can choose the one that suits your needs well.
4. Air mattresses
Air mattresses are a far cry from those inflatable mattresses you use in camping. The ones used in the bedroom can also be inflated but are mixed with a host of other technologies. You can inflate your side of the bed to your preferred firmness or softness level.
What to Look for in the Best Mattress for Couples
It can be harder to find a mattress when you also need to think about the comfort preferences of your bed partner. But to make sure that you are getting the best choice, here are some features you should look for in the mattress:
Motion-Isolating Feature. The first thing you should check out is its ability to isolate motion. You won’t have such issues with foam mattresses, especially the firmer ones as they are capable of stopping motion from spreading out. But if you are going for coil spring technologies, make sure the coils are individually wrapped. Coils that are connected to each other are more likely to cause motion transfer.
Firmness Level. A semi-firm comfort level is usually more ideal for people with average sleep needs. If you and your bed partner doesn’t suffer from illnesses that cause chronic pain or you don’t really have a lot of issues when it comes to back pain, a semi-firm comfort level should have the right firmness for support and softness for support. It is more ideal to get a mattress with different types of foams. You get a more perfect “mix” of softness level. Today, you can find mattresses with a mattress top layer made from memory foam and an inner layer made from latex foam. These hybrid mattresses may be able to provide you more with the comfort you are seeking out.
Breathable Functions. Look for a technology that allows air to flow through the inside of the mattress easily. This helps prevent the mattress from holding on to heat, especially in the summer season. You don’t want your mattress to get too hot in the summer season.
Easy to Clean. In addition to comfort, also look for a mattress that is a cinch to keep clean. There are those mattresses with a removable cover that you can just easily throw in the washer to clean. The mattress cover also prevents unwanted dirt and bed bugs from getting in the mattress.
Alleviates Aches and Pains. Look for a mattress that is capable of alleviating aches and pains. If you suffer from lower back pain, something with a semi-firm or a softer mattress would be more ideal.
Size of the Mattress. For couples, a queen or king mattress would be a better choice. You have more space to move around. Make sure it also has the right thickness that makes getting in and out of the bed easy, especially if you are still using a box spring.
Best Mattress for Couples Reviews
After checking out the various mattresses today, here are the ones we find the most ideal for couples to use:
- Tuft & Needle King Mattress
- Indigo Sleep Classic King Mattress
- Nighslee 10-inch Memory Foam Mattress Patent Cooling Air Gel Comfort Foam
- Sunrising Bedding Natural Latex Hybrid Coil Spring Mattress
These are the features you can get from these mattresses:
1. Tuft & Needle King Mattress
This mattress is ideal for couples because of its adaptive foam that boasts of a bouncier surface that still provides a firm comfort layer for extra support. Rather than latex or a memory foam, they make use of a more advanced type of foam that will not let your body sink in it. Rather, it provides a surface that is neither too soft nor too stiff. The bounciness of the mattress is localized, which helps prevent motion from transferring.
- They make use of adaptive foam that has been incorporated with a gel material for cooling and graphite material for superior comfort. Compared to memory foam and latex foam mattresses, their adaptive foam has more bounce to it, allowing the surface to feel more comfortable.
- The surface of the mattress has a poly-blend cover that feels soft and luxurious but does not retain heat. In fact, it still allows air to pass through the mattress for breathability. This cover is also resistant to piling up and to fraying or tearing.
- This mattress is backed by good quality support. You get 100 nights of trial and 10 years of warranty. Send it back if you don’t like the way it feels or keep it if you like the comfort it gives. The 10-year warranty will back your purchase up.
- This mattress is also more affordable than many of the sophisticated foam mattresses out there. This is perfect for couples who are just starting out or those on a budget.
- It doesn’t have an unpleasant smell and it comes shipped in a small box. You unroll it and it will inflate easily.
- There were those who said the mattress was too firm for them.
2. Indigo Sleep Classic King Mattress
This Indigo mattress boasts of two different comfort choices. Your first choice is the cool gel memory foam, which the manufacturer said is a softer and plusher layer that can give you good quality sleep. The other option is the latex-free foam layer, which has a firmer feel to it. Just switch from these two comfort choices to find the best one for you and your bed partner’s needs.
- It has two comfort choices. If you and your bed partner prefer something softer, the cool gel memory foam is a better option. Otherwise, use the latex foam for a firmer comfort layer.
- Say goodbye to aches and pains. The support and comfort layers of this mattress help in alleviating aches, particularly in the shoulders, back and hips.
- It comes with a cover that acts like a fitted sheet. Slip it off if you need to vacuum the mattress. This can help you easily maintain and keep your mattress clean.
- You can try out the mattress for 100 nights. If you don’t like it, you can send it back and you can get your money back.
- There is a customer who said it came with insufficient instructions, so you don’t know which side is firmer and which one is softer.
3. Nighslee 10-inch Memory Foam Mattress Patent Cooling Air Gel Comfort Foam
What makes this mattress ideal is that it promises to give comfort and support no matter what your size and sleep preference is. it doesn’t discriminate, thanks to its 3-inch memory foam layer, 2-inch Patent Bamboo Contour ECO technology comfort foam and 5-inch high-density base foam layer. It results in a mattress that has the right formula for different kinds of sleepers.
- This provides a good level of comfort. Even picky sleepers will find this mattress comfortable and supportive.
- The Chillax-Patented AirGel technology makes way for improved airflow. The bed does not become hot over time. It is comfortable to use even in the hot summer season.
- There is no motion transfer in this bed as the foam mattress absorbs and then disperses the motion.
- You can enjoy this mattress longer, thanks to its durable properties. The eco-friendly hypoallergenic dust mite resistant cover also prevents dust mites and molds from settling in your mattress.
- You get 100 nights to try it out. It also offers 10 years of warranty.
- This is one of the most affordable mattresses for couples out there.
- There were only issues about the quality of the box that came with it.
4. Sunrising Bedding Natural Latex Hybrid Coil Spring Mattress
This mattress boasts of Talalay latex that is known for its ability to resist mites and allergens. It is also allergen-free and is flame retardant. The latex foam layer is mixed with spring technology. The coils are encased individually in order to isolate motion.
- This is made from natural latex foam. If you have allergies, you don’t have to worry about getting an allergic reaction. The latex foam layer is also flame-retardant and has good firmness level.
- The coils are individually cushioned for effective motion isolation. You can move around without disturbing your bed partner. It is ideal for different sleepers. So, whether you sleep on your back, side or stomach, this should be a good choice.
- The airflow is good. It prevents heat from building up in the mattress.
- The 120-night home trial is better than other mattresses out there. It also comes with a longer 20-year warranty.
- Some said they can feel the springs as the foam layer is too thin.
Which One Should You Get?
Adaptive Comfort: Tuft & Needle King Mattress. If you find a lot of the memory foam and latex foam mattresses out there too firm for your needs, get this one. It has an adaptive comfort level that suits many different kinds of customers.
Easy to Use: Indigo Sleep Classic King Mattress. This mattress, according to users is easy to use. It unboxes and unravels easily. It even comes with a cover that you can easily slip off and clean.
Inexpensive but Good Quality: Nighslee 10-inch Memory Foam Mattress Patent Cooling Air Gel Comfort Foam. Whoever said you can’t get a good night sleep with a cheaper mattress hasn’t discovered this mattress yet. There are only rave reviews about this cheaper mattress because of how well it provides comfort and support.
Natural Features: Sunrising Bedding Natural Latex Hybrid Coil Spring Mattress. This mattress has natural properties that make this a better choice for couples who might be suffering from allergic reactions. If you have a bed partner sensitive to allergens, this should be a good choice.
Now that you know all these, it is time to find the best mattress for you and your bed partner. Check out our homepage for more reviews on different mattresses out there.
- How Much Does A Car Battery Cost? Our Complete Guide - June 14, 2018
- Best CPAP Mask Reviews - June 14, 2018
- Carpet Cost FAQ: Installation Prices & Everything Else You Need To Know - June 14, 2018