Air mattresses aren’t just for camping. It isn’t just a spare mattress you can stow away in your guest bedroom either. It can also be used as a primary bed. It has a lot of benefits that can cater to the sleep preferences of many people.
To get all the benefits of an air mattress, make sure you are getting the best ones intended for in-home and everyday use. We did all the work for you and searched for the ones with the best features and those with outstanding air retention and durability. Keep on reading to learn more about our recommendations.
What Makes an Air Mattress Ideal for Everyday Use?
Air mattress might be the last thing you will think of when it comes to mattresses for long-term or everyday use. After all, it is made of air only and most of us are used to the benefits of a foam or a coil spring mattress. But there are actually advantages to using air mattresses that trump that of other mattresses. Here are some of them:
1. Customizable comfort level
The thing about air mattresses is that they can be inflated to your desired firmness level. Want a firmer surface? Not a problem. Simply inflate it more to get a firmer surface. Deflate it if you find it too stiff. It basically doesn’t force you to commit to a certain comfort level, which is the case with other mattresses such as memory foam or latex. With these mattresses, you get what is delivered to you. But with an air mattress, you can still find a way to make it work.
Many air mattresses today even come with a sleep setting. You can key in your body weight and it will compute how much you should inflate your mattress.
2. It can be ideal for couples with varying preferences.
Do you have a bed partner who has a preference different from yours? That can be a problem if you are using a traditional mattress. But get an air mattress with two separate chambers for both sides of the bed. You can inflate your side of the bed with your preferred stiffness level and your bed partner can do the same. It is the perfect mattress that promotes compromise.
3. It is devoid of chemicals that can lead to off-gassing.
Most air mattresses are made from PVC materials. There are no toxic foams and materials that can emit an unpleasant odor. That means you don’t need to air your mattress out to start using it.
4. You never have to deal with a saggy mattress ever again.
Many air mattresses today are capable of holding air for a long time. If it starts to deflate, you can inflate it again. It’s a very simple mechanism, so you won’t have to worry about a saggy mattress.
5. It is easy to clean.
You can be assured that your mattress will never harbor pesky bed bugs and dust mites. You can easily keep it clean. Wipe it off or use a vacuum cleaner to get rid of dust.
Tips in Buying the Best Air Mattress for Everyday Use
Now that you have decided to get yourself an air mattress, here are a few things you need to keep in mind to make sure that you are getting the best one:
1. It should be inflated in seconds.
You would want to look for an air mattress with a built-in pump so there are fewer accessories you need to hide or keep safe. Go for one that can inflate or deflate your mattress in just a few seconds. It would be better if you can find a mattress that allows you to input your desired level of inflation.
2. It should be thick and resistant to punctures.
Look for an air mattress that is made from thick PVC material. It should be resistant to punctures, so even if you are setting it down on a floor with something protruding from it, it won’t get damaged easily.
3. Look for those with a flocking layer.
This will enhance your comfort when using the mattress. The flocking layer should be soft to the touch. It will also help prevent your bed sheet from sliding off.
4. Check the chamber construction.
There should be more individual air chambers. This can prevent the mattress from deflating easily as there are more chambers to hold air. It also enables you to configure the comfort of the mattress easily.
5. Find out if it is backed by a warranty.
In case you suddenly find your bed deflated and sitting too close to the floor the morning you wake up, you would want to contact the manufacturing company and have the mattress addressed. It should be backed by a solid warranty that can protect your purchase.
Best Air Mattress for Everyday Use
Set your sights on the following air mattresses that are known for their superior features:
- King Koil Luxury Raised Air Mattress
- SoundAsleep Dream Series Air Mattress with ComfortCoil Technology
- Intex Raised Downy Airbed
- Insta-Bed Raised Air Mattress with Never Flat Pump
Now here are more things you need to know about this air mattress:
1. King Koil Luxury Raised Air Mattress
King Koil is practically a household name when it comes to air mattresses. These are known as premium air mattresses combined and enhanced with coil technology. You can use the mattress as a primary bed and never miss all those foam mattresses out there.
The proprietary built-in AC pump inflates your mattress within seconds. You never have to worry about losing the accessories for inflating because there is a built-in storage for the power cord. The edges and sides of the mattress are also flocked for added durability.
- The comfort of this mattress is compounded by its coil technology that will ensure better sleep at night. The coils are not only there for enhanced comfort, they are also there to improve the firmness level and to hold on to the shape of the mattress longer.
- You don’t have to wait for a long time to use the mattress. The pump is a high-speed one that inflates or deflates the mattress in just a few seconds.
- It can accommodate heavier loads. With its strong and durable flocking and its puncture-resistant properties, you can be assured that this mattress can be subjected to loads as heavy as 600 lbs.
- The quilt top of this mattress is water-resistant. It also has an Ultra Grip bottom feature that ensures the mattress will stay in place.
- Your purchase is secure with its 1-year guarantee.
- Some customers have experienced bulging in the middle. There were also those who said they had difficulties keeping the bed sheet in place.
2. SoundAsleep Dream Series Air Mattress with ComfortCoil Technology
What a different air technology can make when combined with ComfortCoil technology as in the case with this mattress. The result is the most restorative sleep. You can easily tweak the firmness level of the mattress with its patented EZ pump. With just a click of a button, the mattress inflates or deflates as needed.
You can be assured that this mattress will hold air well, thanks to its durable flocked top that also boast of waterproof functions. The material is a 15-gauge multilayer material that can resist puncture with ease. Stow away the cord neatly with the built-in storage. When not in use, deflate it and keep it in its carry bag.
- This mattress looks impressive. It has a nice flocked top that feels comfortable. Everything you need to inflate it is already integrated into the mattress. The built-in pump can be operated with just a simple toggle flick. It inflates and deflates in just mere minutes. And what makes its pump system better than others is how quietly it does that.
- The 40 individual coils in this mattress go a long way in enhancing the support and comfort it provides. Whether you sleep alone, or you have a bed partner, this is a mattress you will come to like.
- The bottom has a SureGrip function that prevents it from moving while you are asleep. It is also made from a material that is resistant to punctures. This mattress can effortlessly accommodate up to 500 lbs. of weight.
- It comes with a “patch” kit that you can use to repair minor issues.
- The middle portion of the bed can be too firm. Also, some said that if you have a bed partner, the far end of the mattress might turn a bit bouncy.
3. Intex Raised Downy Airbed
Portability meets comfort. That is what you can get with this mattress that is thick enough to look like a real everyday bed. It features a dual-chamber construction where the bottom one acts as the box spring in a traditional bed while the upper one is the mattress. You are getting a set-up that is much like a traditional bed set-up.
The 20.8-gauge waterproof flocked top coupled with vinyl beams, bottom and sides of 15-gauge and 16-gauge respectively measurements create a mattress that is resistant to air loss. You can easily inflate or deflate it with a high-powered pump that has been built in the mattress
- This is ideal for heavier users. It can accommodate up to 600 pounds of weight, thanks to its durable materials and seams.
- The side of the mattress has an indentation. This allows you to attach your fitted sheets easily. It can prevent the sheets from sliding off.
- In just a few minutes, the mattress is inflated and ready to use. You can also deflate it fast and keep it in its storage bag.
- The height of the mattress is just right. You can hop in and out of the bed without feeling constricted.
- There is no warranty for this product. Some also had issues with bulging.
4. Insta-Bed Raised Air Mattress with Never Flat Pump
This gorgeous air mattress takes pride in its Never Flat technology. That means it is made from materials that can prevent air loss. The pump integrated in it automatically engages when needed. It detects air pressure and if the mattress loses air, the pump automatically inflates it.
You have the ability to choose from three different comfort levels. If you are into a softer mattress comfort level, that can be arranged. If you prefer something firmer, that can be done as well.
- This is a good-looking choice. The mattress looks like a well-made one and it screams of good quality as well.
- The Never Flat pump system is very helpful. It maintains the air pressure of the mattress, so you never have to worry about a flat mattress ever again.
- You have different options when it comes to how firm or how soft you want the mattress to be.
- There are coils integrated in it that provide more support to the mattress.
- There are a few of those who experienced leaking issues.
Which One Should You Get?
Great Quality: King Koil Luxury Raised Air Mattress. You can’t go wrong with the “king” of air mattresses. It has all the bells and whistles you are looking for in an air mattress. It does what it promises to do and more. If you want a convenient mattress to use, get this one.
Comfortable and Supportive: SoundAsleep Dream Series Air Mattress with ComfortCoil Technology. You can always get a good night’s sleep with this mattress that combines coil and air technology. It has individual coils in this mattress that hold it up so well. If you like your mattress to last for a long time, this should be a great choice.
Durable Choice: Intex Raised Downy Airbed. A lot of people commend the durability of this mattress. It seems to hold air easily and doesn’t succumb to punctures quickly.
Remains Inflated: Insta-Bed Raised Air Mattress with Never Flat Pump. This has a technology that always checks the air pressure of the mattress and prevents it from going flat. This saves you so much trouble from having to re-inflate the mattress again.
Make the right decision when buying a mattress. After all, it is your sleep quality on the line. Our homepage has a lot of great reviews and product recommendations you can read, to help you choose the best mattress for your needs.
- How Much Does A Car Battery Cost? Our Complete Guide - June 14, 2018
- Best CPAP Mask Reviews - June 14, 2018
- Carpet Cost FAQ: Installation Prices & Everything Else You Need To Know - June 14, 2018