Is there anything more comfortable than relaxing in bed reading a good book or watching your favorite TV show? If your standard bed pillows just aren’t giving you the support that you’re looking for it’s time to consider a husband pillow. Getting the right level of support for your back and neck is very important, especially if you are spending extended periods lying propped up, as otherwise you risk pain, discomfort and injury. All of this can be resolved by using a husband cushion which has been designed to alleviate these problems.
Why Buy A Bed Rest Pillow?
A bed rest pillow, sometimes known as a husband cushion or husband pillow, is specially designed to cradle and support your body as you sit up in bed. Available in several styles and designs, they are ideal for anyone who wants to read or work while in a lying position as they provide all the comfort you need to protect your back. Whether relaxing on the sofa or reclining in bed, you’ll find one of these pillows an invaluable aid to comfort.
What To Consider When Buying A Husband Pillow
There are some key elements to bear in mind before you choose your pillow for resting and reading.
- Design – an ergonomically designed bed rest pillow is essential to hold your back in the correct position, offering maximum support while ensuring that you won’t tire from sitting for extended periods.
- Head rest – you need to decide whether or not you prefer a head rest for your pillow. Some come with a head rest included and others do not, but if you’re using it for extended periods you might find that it will give you greater comfort, especially if you are taller than average.
- Size – if you are taller than average, you’ll require a pillow which has a greater height and width than someone who is shorter than average. Bear this in mind while shopping to ensure you obtain maximum comfort.
- Filling – there are several options of filling and choosing the right one will determine your pillow’s longevity and comfort. Make sure that your pillow is firm enough to give adequate support.
- Cover – most backrest pillows come with removable covers for easy machine washing. Make sure to choose a cover that is made from 100% cotton for extra softness and breathability.
- Arms – husband pillows often have resting arms for additional comfort however this will depend on your personal preference.
- Shape – there are a few different shapes of bed rest pillow to choose from. Some are wedge shaped, others have arms, and some have a single arm to one side. If in doubt, try out a few and determine which is the best for you.
Best Bed Rest Pillows
There are a number of excellent bed rest pillows on the market. Here are some of the top rated best selling products available for purchase.
Linenspa Shredded Foam Pillow
Click for Price
Ideal for reading in bed or on the sofa, this pillow with its shredded foam padding gives outstanding support while also guaranteeing that you won’t overhead. Thanks to the shredded filling you can easily mold and shape the pillow to offer a customized level of comfort to suit your needs. The arm supports give you extra comfort while the carrying handle makes it easy to take this pillow up or downstairs as necessary. It even has a durable gray cover for easy cleaning with a soft plush finish. Its firm texture may be a little too hard for some users, but many people will love the level of comfort it provides.
Brentwood Originals 2136 Plush Husband Pillow
Widely regarded as one of the best husband pillows with arms, this modern design offers the neck and back optimal support while watching TV or reading in bed. The arm supports give you even greater comfort for your arms and hands. Its versatile design allows it to be used anywhere and its sturdy carrying handle ensures that it can be transported with ease. It can also be cleaned using a damp cloth for low maintenance. The headrest is made from durable 100% polyester while the generous filling ensures excellent comfort. There is even a handy side pocket for storing small items conveniently.
Arlee Suede Bed Rest Lounger
Click for Price
If you’re looking for an oversized bed rest pillow to suit the needs of taller than average people, this backrest is the ideal option for you. Its case is made from durable polyester while the filling is made from polyester too that has been sustainably sourced for better eco-friendliness. With an extra wide arms and body and extra tall area for the back, this is the perfect choice for men while its stylish colors and suede design make it simple to clean and appealing to look at.
Hog Wild Peeramid Pillow
Click for Price
If you’re looking for a bed rest pillow with a more unusual shape the Peeramid could be perfect for you. With its unique design which has been inspired by Egypt’s pyramids it allows the user to read comfortably anywhere. It comes in a choice of prints and colors for extra visual appeal and thanks to its unusual structure you can easily prop up your book, iPad or notes for hands free usage making it perfect for arthritis sufferers.
Its integrated pockets can be used for storing small items for extra convenience, and since this reading pillow is very sturdy it offers plenty of support. Its compact size and light design means it can be folded down for easy transportation and although this may not be the best option for larger and taller people due to its lower back height, it could be the perfect choice for small adults or teenagers.
Our ultimate pick for the best reading pillow has to be the Linenspa shredded foam pillow with its large and comfortable shape and washable cover.
Whatever the reason you want to prop yourself up in bed, you’re sure to find the perfect product for you. Bear our shopping tips in mind and you’ll be able to make an informed decision when choosing the right bed rest pillow for you.
Of course, to stay comfortable in bed, nothing’s more important than having a great mattress! You can find our latest reviews and recommendations for sleep surfaces here!
- How Much Does A Car Battery Cost? Our Complete Guide - June 14, 2018
- Best CPAP Mask Reviews - June 14, 2018
- Carpet Cost FAQ: Installation Prices & Everything Else You Need To Know - June 14, 2018